Islandworks is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information, by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Purposes of collecting your information
By using our service, you leave behind information. This is done by, but not limited to, creating an account, making or playing games. This information is collected by us to process information required to service you. For example, showing your games. And we use the information once anonymised for analytics and improvement of the service.
To keep track of you and the data we service to you we save a session id. This cookie enables you to sign in and once you restarted the browser, continue where you left. This session cookie is also used to track and record anonymised data. The exception on anonymised data is if we require to report to you, for example how you played a game.
What do we save?
- Personal data we store: your username, password and e-mail address
- We temporary keep track of your IP which will be anonymized for analytics. This happens on a regular interval.
- Transaction ids related to your purchase history and the payment provider you used (e.g.: Google, Windows, PayPal)
- Objects you create which includes posts, discussions, questions, games and themes.
- Game progress information when requested by the owner (e.g. teacher) and accepted by you
- Game saves and game checkpoints
- Error reports, these are linked to your user id and contains some browser data in an effort to solve any issues and to communicate you. These reports are anonymized afterwards.
- Pages and screens that have been visited
- Games are anonymized if your turn of saving and progress tracking
How do we store it?
We store the data in several separate databases. Basic personal user information is split from any game or page related database. Information about your account is saved in an encrypted database in an Azure Data centre within the European Union.
You can review your data by visiting your profile on http://login.islandworks.eu/.
Deletion policy and data retention
As required by law and to deliver the correct services you are able to request deletion of your account by contacting support. When you request the account to be deleted your personal information will be deleted, this includes your games, themes, posts and more if they aren’t in use. If you created a theme it will keep existing for users who used it in their games but not for newly created games. Posts you made in our community forum will keep existing but you, the poster, will be marked as deleted. Information regarding purchases will be kept for a period of time. Your information might be kept for a while in our back up cycle.
Islandworks may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is updated on 01/05/2018.